1. Maple Leaf Classic 26 is not a CTF (Canadian Ten-pin Federation) or USBC sanctioned tournament. Maple
Leaf Classic 26 will use the rules described below, all other rules will follow CTF tournament rules. Maple Leaf
Classic 26 is by invitation only.
2. The number of games per event for Team, Doubles and Singles will be a set of three (3). Bowlers will participate only once in each event.
3. Teams will consist of four (4) bowlers. All bowlers will compete on an equal basis.
4. All bowlers entering the tournament must establish an acceptable standard ten-pin average based on 21 or more games bowled. The bowler’s tournament entering average will be established as follows:
a) The LEAGUE average(s) at the end of the 2012/2013 season. If competing in more than one league, all league averages (sanctioned or otherwise) in which the bowler is a participant and the highest 2012/2013 average will be used.
b) If (a) is not available the highest season end 2011/2012 Fall/Winter league book average will be used.
c) If (a) or (b) is not available the highest summer season ending 2012 league average will be used.
d) If (a), (b) or (c) is not available the highest summer 2013 average as of August 5, 2013 based on 21 or more games bowled.
e) If your TOURNAMENT average from the previous 12 months prior to Maple Leaf Classic is 1 pin or more above your most current established league average, as defined in a, b, c or d above, then the tournament average will be used as your entering average.
f) If none of these averages exist, then the entering average will be 225.
5. It shall be the bowler’s responsibility to verify her/his average and submit their tournament games scores from the previous 12 months prior to Maple Leaf Classic regardless of who submits the average. Entering average may be verified by a copy of a final league standing, a copy of the CTF or USBC book average or a copy of the IGBO book average. THIS DOCUMENTATION MUST ACCOMPANY THE ENTRY FORM AND FEE. Failure to use proper average shall disqualify tournament scores if submitted average is lower than actual average. All prize winnings will be awarded on the submitted average if it is higher than the actual average. Entry forms received without proper average verification will be considered incomplete and not considered for tournament entry until such documentation is received. Average verifications must be signed by a league officer and clearly indicate the number of games the average is based upon.
6. Handicaps shall be based on 90% of the difference of a bowler’s entering average and 225 scratch. Negative handicaps will not apply.
7. The entry fee is $110.00 CDN or US funds for the handicap events and must accompany the entry form. After July 1, 2013, the entry fee is $120.00 CDN or US funds. The entry fee is made payable by a bank money order or certified cheque to MAPLE LEAF CLASSIC. NEITHER PERSONAL CHEQUES NOR U.S. POSTAL MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
8. The tournament will be limited to 58 teams or 232 bowlers. There will be no refund of bowler’s fees after a bowler has been accepted. Entry deadline is MONDAY, JULY 15, 2013. Entries are accepted on a first come, first served basis, based on the postmark.
9. Bowlers should arrive at the lanes thirty (30) minutes prior to the start of bowling. Late bowlers will begin in the frame in which they are ready to bowl and prior frames will be scored zero.
10. Substitutes may be used at the Tournament Director’s discretion.
11. Claims of error must be reported to the Tournament Director(s) within one (1) hour after the completion of an event. Any protest must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Director(s) within twenty-four (24) hours after the completion of the tournament.
12. Prize monies in the team, doubles, singles, individual all events and scratch will be returned 100% to the bowlers and will be payable in CDN funds (converted to US dollars for US participants) by mail within thirty (30) days after the tournament. Payout ratio is 1 in 10 entries per event.
13. The Maple Leaf Classic 26 Committee, whose decisions will be final and binding on all parties involved, will review any issues that may arise that are not covered by these rules.
14. Any bowler being disruptive, using or in possession of any illegal substances, or consuming alcoholic beverages contrary to Ontario Liquor Laws will be removed from the tournament and may face criminal charges.
15. The Maple Leaf Classic 26 Tournament is governed by the Government of Canada’s “The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act”. This means by submitting your registration you consent to the Maple Leaf Classic and its committee that all confidential information (address, phone #, etc.) will be used for Maple Leaf Classic purposes and will be shared with the International Gay Bowling Organization (IGBO) and its affiliates.
Return to top of page.